Thursday, August 6, 2009

Surprise!!!!

Mason is full of surprises! We're on opposite schedules during the week; I start work at 6:30am where he doesn't start till 9:00am or sometimes at late as 11:00am or noon. He's normally home between 7:00 or 7:30pm - four and a half hours after I get off work at 3:00pm. I'm always teasing and telling him to come home early :)

I normally "busy" myself with anything but the dishes and cooking dinner (I'm not so motivated with the cooking thing right now - we're working on it) :( . Laundry, grocery shopping, email, phone calls, reading, oh and my favorite these days - the Cosby Show. I didn't think today would be any different - not even when it was starring me in the face. I walked in the door this afternoon and found a tree in the living room!



It's a plumeria tree!!! Our favorite! I was so excited! Mason's always leaving me little notes and fun center pieces for me to find when I come home - this one is by far the, uh, largest one he's left. It's his way of saying "I love you, I'll be home soon." I guess I should have been suspicious since he also left his computer on with a fun music video we like playing on the kitchen table. So I'm thinking..."where's my camera?" I've been home for about three minutes before I finally turned around to walk down the hall and guess who's starring at me! MASON!!! Woohoo! He'd been watching me the whole time - Long enough he almost sent me a text :)

He didn't have to work today. But he didn't tell me because he knew I wouldn't want to go to work and it would be the longest day EVER for me - he's right. He even moved his jeep up the street so I wouldn't notice it when I pulled in. Ooo and he had his hair cut for me too :) What a surprise.

Of course, Mason had his mind on dinner already. After I got home he got to work putting his new "piece of junk" grill together.



It actually worked out pretty good, it's just not the brick of steel he's used to cooking on. We had chicken, potatoes and macaroni. It's been about three months since he smelled like a grill!





We had such a great afternoon. It's only 9:30pm right now and it feels like we spent the whole day together. Guess we really are still newly weds :)

No comments: