That's right! After three months we FINALLY went SURFING!!!!
It was so much fun! Mason was real good at it - I struggled some...well, alot. Guys, you have no idea how hard it is! The hardest part is all the paddling. Wow. We were at the perfect spot though. I really enjoyed hanging out on the board 100 yards off the shore. I'd stop for a minute to look around, make sure I could still see Mas, get an idea of where I was, make sure I hadn't drifted too far in rock/reef territory, then turn to paddle out and get smashed by the perfect wave! But it was fun! And before I could put myself together to catch the next one it was too late...smash. But there wasn't a shortage of waves that's for sure. We both messed around and caught a few. Fun fun.
Ha! yeah right! Our waves were only about 2-3 feet. You can imagine what a work out it was. We're both so sore. Every morning something else is sore! But it was worth it and I'm sure we'll be up to it again - next time I'll take my camera :)
Boogie boarding is just as much fun. We went to the beach on the Marine Corps Base last week with a couple we met from church and had a great time catching waves right on the shore with the boogie boards. The current was super strong there though. We're a little better at boogie boards than surfing...for now at least right?
Mason is officially a spear fisherman!
He has a story on his blog...he told me to put my perspective on this one. So...um...I was a little creeped out from the reef because this place we were at was full of "living rock" which means it's full of creatures that live on and in the rock and reef. Every little hole has something living in it! Lots and lots of sea urchins! Purple! Just like the ones in Kristiana's lab. But the fish were as colorful as ever - and the best part was, once again, the SEA TURTLE!!!! This one was at least six feet long, maybe four feet wide! it just crept up on us!
See that dark spot right in the middle of the picture? That Mason.
This time Mason was the one that got super cold! See the ring around his eyes his mask left? The mark of a true fisherman? check out Mason's perspective of his spear fishing adventure on his blog.
I'm sure you guys heard about the hurricane Felicia. I'm not even sure what day she hit...all we really got was rain, LOTS OF RAIN! No damage...except we noticed our plumeria has these orange spots on the underside of the leaves now, and a few leaves had yellowed and fallen off. Hmm...what would we do with out Google? Turns out it's a common fungal infection called - get this "Plumeria Rust!" I know!!! And here's the best part - most plumerias already have it but the infection is dormant and it becomes active in extreme humidity...Felicia, thanks friend :)
This is our tree before the storm. See how bright the colors are?
And this is one of the leaves after the storm :(
It's really wouldn't be too bad if the leaves didn't get so discolored. We've been trimming it just like it says to do in this article I found from University of Hawaii: check it out Plumeria Rust
My mom introduced us to the art of juicing. It's so much fun!
We juiced every fruit and vegetable we had in the house last night except for the potatoes. Mason even juiced some baby carrots - not bad! Cherry juice and orange juice are the winners, of the fruit we had on hand. I need to grab a pineapple from the store this week and give it a try. Strawberries, kiwi, peaches...this new appliance is going to get lots of use. Thanks Mom!
And for the record...I cooked tonight AND I followed the recipe :)
1 comment:
Surfs up indeed! Isn't it great?! Paul hasn't tried yet but we're going next week. OH and we just got a juicer too! Fun times :)
Post a Comment