Jake decided a few months ago that we needed some company out here in the Pacific and finally arrived two and a half weeks ago! That's right! He's here to stay :)
First thing we all did together after we picked him up from the airport was...you guessed it - snorkeling. Jake has an underwater camera, and since he's been here he's been taking really cool videos of fish.
Jeeps
The boys have been up to all kinds of things. Jake also has a jeep now, and they've been working together on BOTH jeeps.

Jake put some new shocks and a lift kit on his the first week he was here. He was outside in the drive way most of the day in his slippers and shorts working on it!




They decided to stay out of the sun when they worked on Mason's jeep. Several of the neighbors were impressed! Guess they don't know too many rednecks ;D
Green Chile!!!
My sister sent us some green chile in the mail last week. We grill about half of it on our little grill and spent an evening with Reydelle and Eric grilling the rest. What a treat. Thanks Wendy!
Kualoa Ranch
Mason had really wanted to take me horseback riding on one of the ranches here for my birthday. They were all booked on that Saturday so we ended up going a few weeks later with Jake.
Donkeys. This one had a cross on it's back. My 1st grade teacher taught me that donkey's have the mark of The Saviour on their back because they carried Mary to Bethlehem :)
So we took a "jungle tour" while we were at the ranch. We road in these Swiss six wheel vehicles on some trails. This ranch where lots of movies have been filmed, so we saw a few of those sites. but mostly I liked the views. I don't know if I'll ever get enough of these mountains - so enjoy.
Air Show
This last weekend there was an airshow on the Air Force Base. It was real cool. They had all kinds of aircraft out and they were letting the guests take tours, and some would even let you go in the cockpit and sit in the pilot's chair. I took a lot of pictures of planes! The C-17 might have been the most amazing one. Check it out - they transport tanks in these guys.

The ladder leads to the cockpit. The nose is raised for loading. I had no idea!

There's an opening at the tail end too.
checking out the landing gear

One big engine!
This one can refuel other aircraft while in the air! That's what the bomb they've got extended is for. And get this - they can refuel TWO at a time! I had no idea!

The helicopters were my favorite. This one is Coast Guard. Orange the way to go!

I was real appreciative of all the pilots that were there. It was a pretty hot day but they were so patient with all us spectators. They answered any question we had and even encouraged us to take a look at they're big toys!


Army Jeep!

We saw the Thunderbirds fly in the afternoon. It was so much fun! This picture isn't very good, but hey, it's my cell phone. All six are in this pic.

They had a pretty cool paint job, with a Thunderbird painted on the underside.
Well, I hope I didn't bore you with pictures of planes. Mason isn't working this week, so who knows how many more adventures he and Jake still have waiting for them in the next few days!
2 comments:
Hey Guys! Looks like you are having a great time! When I come see you, I want to go hiking in those really green mountains..ok?
love y'all!
We never get tired of your pictures! Always wanting more, we love them. And you ALL look wonderful!
Post a Comment